Uniform and Appearance
Anker Valley children will be expected to wear full school uniform properly at all times of the school day. Our uniform is smart, practical and reflect the sense of belonging and pride that our Anker Valley pupils will think and feel about their school family.
Our uniform is:
- A red Anker Valley sweatshirt or cardigan;
- White shirt/blouse;
- Red and silver striped tie;
- Pale grey culottes, pinafores, skirts, shorts or trousers;
- Pale grey tights or white/ pale grey socks;
- Black school shoes- no logos.
Please note our expectation is that children will not wear trainers, boots, or coloured shoes.
Our PE Kit is:
- An Anker Valley Primary black PE T-shirt;
- Black shorts - plain;
- Black PE footwear (trainers or plimsolls) suitable for both indoor activities and outdoor;
- Red PE bag- drawstring;
Jewellery is not accepted in school except one pair of small stud earrings which must be removed prior to PE lessons.
Hijab, hair ties or bands should be red or pale grey.
In the summer term, school dresses may be worn, however these must be red and white check.
We ask for no inappropriate hairstyles for either boys or girls (this includes tramlines, Mohicans, dyed hair etc) and request that long hair is tied back.
Please ensure all parts of school uniform are clearly labelled.